Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Birth of a Second

Last night I had a beautiful dream. In this dream I was giving birth to our second child. It was much like our first birth with Tyler, at home in the birthing pool with my midwife present. It was so peaceful and calm.

The lights were dimmed, and as the baby's head came out there was no fear. Pain, yes, but no fear. With Tyler I was so scared as his head was coming out, but in the dream there was just a calm endurance of the pain. Once the baby was out my midwife Paula went to get Tyler, who appeared to be about 3 or 4, to meet his new baby brother. We hadn't known with this second baby whether it was a boy or a girl until the birth. Tyler hadn't been watching the birth but was upstairs playing in his room waiting to come meet the new baby when it arrived. He was so gentle and excited to see the new baby, and lovingly kissed him on the head as he stood on the outside of the pool, while I was sitting on the inside holding the newest member of the family.

While I want to enjoy my almost 3 month old for a few years, I am so excited to add another member to our family and see how Tyler is as a big brother. It's hard to imagine my little baby as a big brother, but one day he will be one. My birth experience was so beautiful and wonderful that I cannot wait to do it again. I am also so curious if our next precious bundle will be another beautiful boy or a little girl. I don't care which I have, a second boy or a girl, either will be excellent and greatly loved.

"I like dreams of the future better than the history of the past." - Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

Search This Blog